Friday 22 July 2011

God bless Hong Kong..........and Lane Crawford.

So I didn't make it to the Andy Warhol exhibition. Instead I got distracted by the heavens that is Causeway Bay. Can I just say how much I love the Hong Kong MTR. I don't think I've waited longer than 3 minutes for a train that goes super fast and is clean and air-conditioned. Despite the pervy Chinese men, I prefer taking the metro to catching a cab anyday!

With Paulie gone for the past 2 days, I've been left to do whatever it is that I please. Need I say more! The 2 following photos are me in a nutshell: bi-polar.


Black shimmy top thing, studded loafers - not quite the babies from Louboutin but these chinese copies will do! His & hers Alexander McQueen key rings (Lane Crawford sale find), gold cuff and gold strand necklace.


Denim shirt from Gala Place, H&M striped shirt, Puzzle fluro pink flats, OPI in Mermaids Tears and Lunch at the Dehli ($10 each!) and super-awesome pens from the mother of all mothers, Muji. 

A lot of the places I've been recommended are major shopping malls with the usual international labels i.e. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Zara etc. I prefer to put my life at risk and follow dodgy signs into run-down buildings and walk up deserted staircases to find real gems. I managed to come across a little store in Causeway Bay that sells super cheap OPI, Essie and Zoya nail polish for less than $10AUD each. If you're heading to Hong Kong anytime in the future and need any recommendations, PM me and I'd be happy to help.

There's so much to say about this awesome city but I don't know where to start or how I could finish.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you get the gor-juss studded loafers from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them in a little boutique in Hong Kong! They're Loubotain rip offs, but they're no name....sorry!

      Delete
  2. I got them in a little boutique in Hong Kong! They're Loubotain rip offs, but they're no name....sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Which part of Causeway Bay did you find the nail polish store? Am going there soon and want to get some Zoya!

    ReplyDelete