Wednesday 20 July 2011

Hello Hong Kong!

She is everything I imagined her to be - busy, brash, in -your-face, commercial and I am in love.















All we've been doing is eating, sleeping and walking heaps. My feet have swelled and I have had to buy new shoes to accommodate for my larger-than-normal feet. So far we've only explored Kowloon, leaving the rest of the week to visit Hong Kong Island. From what Paulie tells me, it is a lot more white-washed than Kowloon. We're staying in Mongkok and I love the grittiness of it - the slum-looking apartment blocks, flashy lights and street food stalls which is reminiscent of Sydney's Chinatown. Walking around Tsim Sha Tsui, it was a lot more westernised and clinical, Nathan Road laced with international designer brands, almost reminding me of Ginza or any other major asian city with their love for designer goods.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to see an Andy Warhol exhibition somewhere in TST. Paulie has left to GZ this afternoon for a couple of days so I am left to venture this beast of Hong Kong on my own.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment